Updated 27th March 2021 – Our services moving forwards
From Good Friday we will be restarting services in the church building. Due to limited capacity we have a booking system in place. You can book a seat for services via the link below
The latest government guidelines on the coronavirus can be found here
The following meetings are happening, but for exact dates and times check out the calendar here. All meetings will use the Zoom details in the next section.
You can use this Google form to book a seat at our services – booking form
Due to the restrictions our church services look a little different to normal. Please note the following if you’re coming along:
- All adults who attend church services, along with secondary school aged children, are required to wear a face covering, unless you have a medical exemption.
- Please do not attend services if you are isolating or have any Covid-19 symptoms
- For track & trace purposes we will keep contact details of who attends services for 21 day
- Unfortunately, we won’t be able to sing communally in church & must sit within our household bubbles
- As we are not meant to mix socially inside, we ask that you leave the building promptly after services where we can have conversations outside
- From 29th March six people from different households can chat outside (only), maintaining social distancing or alternatively 2 households can chat together (which may be 2 families of 5 for example), but we shouldn’t mingle between groups
We’re using Zoom which allows us to share a group video call using a smartphone, tablet or computer. In addition, you can dial in from a landline or mobile and listen to all of the audio. The same methods and details outlined below can be used for each of our meetings. For laptop, desktop or phone connections to the video call join the Zoom Meeting here
There’s a brief summary below of how to join or you can find Zooms by step instructions for joining a meeting found here. There’s a short video or you can scroll down to the ‘prerequisites’ part of the page and you can choose the device type that you are using.
Connecting from a laptop
If you click on the link from a laptop/desktop computer you will be able to either download the Zoom software or click on ‘join via browser’. I’d recommend downloading the software as we could be using it for a while and it just makes it a bit quicker to join future meetings.
Connecting to video from a smartphone or tablet
If you click on the link from your phone you’ll be prompted to download the Zoom app from the relevant app store. Once the app has downloaded, you need to come back and click the link to join the Zoom Meeting again.
Connecting to audio only from any phone
If you need to connect via phone only, then you can still listen in (and participate) 0131 460 1196 and when prompted enter the Meeting ID: 593 074 3962. You will then be prompted for the pass code which is 563027. We will mute all lines at the start of the service. Should you need to come off mute you can press *6 on your phone keypad to mute or unmute.
In addition to sharing the service over Zoom we will also be broadcasting the service via the Union Hall YouTube channel.
During this time where we face limited contact, self-isolation, illnesses and potential financial difficulties it is important that we support each other. If you are in need of support in any way or can offer to support others then please let us know.
Please note that when delivering any shopping you should NOT go into the person’s house and should follow the government guidelines around social distancing.
Praying for each other
If you have specific needs that you would like us to pray for then we’d love to support you in this way, either individually (and in confidence if you’d prefer) or with the wider church family.
For those who are regulars and would like to continue to support the church financially during this period, there are a number of ways you can do this:
• Arrange to give via phone or online banking
• Via cheque made payable to ‘Union Hall Evangelical Church’ and sent to the church building
• Collect a ‘Promise Gift’ whereby any cash you might normally put in the offering boxes are set aside until we are able to restart our services in the church building
For more information about giving via the above methods, including how you may be eligible to claim for Gift Aid, please get in touch and our treasuary team will get back to you with further information.