Updated 4th August – Our services moving forwards
Following changes in guidance and local restrictions within Greater Manchester around Covid-19 we have taken the decision to move our Sunday services back to Zoom with immediate effect.
You can watch a short video explaining this decision furher here:
Updated 23rd July – Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
Following the governments decision to make wearing face coverings mandatory in shops and supermarkets from 24th July, the advice also encourages the wearing of face masks in other enclosed spaces, such as places or worship. We therefore ask that if you are coming to services at the church building that you wear a face covering.
Updated 3rd July – Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
Our Sunday morning service has now restarted at the church building. For full details please read the information below. We are however conscious that not everybody is able to be with us in person and so the service will also be broadcast live on YouTube with the opportunity for those wathching from home able to join a Zoom chat session afterwards.
For details of what is happening at Union Hall during this current time, how you can be involved or ask for support, use the sections below.
The latest government guidelines on the coronavirus can be found here.
The following meetings are happening, but for exact dates and times check out the calendar here. All meetings will use the Zoom details in the next section.
We would love to welcome you to our morning service. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we would encoruage you to participate in services via Zoom. However, the church building will be open open during Sunday services and the service will be played. If you do come into the church building we need you to be aware of certain information regarding the practicalities in light of Covid-19.
- Having completed a risk assessment we have determined the current maximum capacity of the building is 55 people
- The government advice indicates that you should follow services remotely (and not attend in person) where:
- you have symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19
- you are in a vulnerable category
- you are over the age of 70
- A steward will direct you to a seat and ask you to use hand sanitiser provided upon entering the building
- Please bring your own Bible (and pen/paper if you wish to make notes)
- Please wear a face covering when entering the church building and keep it on throughout the service
- Only the main church and toilets will be accessible and no refreshments will be served
- There will be no facilities for children, so parents must be responsible for children maintaining social distancing throughout the service
- You will be directed to leave the building immediately following the end of the service.
In addition to sharing the service over Zoom we will also be broadcasting the service via the Union Hall YouTube channel.
We’re using Zoom which allows us to share a group video call using a smartphone, tablet or computer. In addition, you can dial in from a landline or mobile and listen to all of the audio. The same methods and details outlined below can be used for each of our meetings. For laptop, desktop or phone connections to the video call join the Zoom Meeting here
There’s a brief summary below of how to join or you can find Zooms by step instructions for joining a meeting found here. There’s a short video or you can scroll down to the ‘prerequisites’ part of the page and you can choose the device type that you are using.
Connecting from a laptop
If you click on the link from a laptop/desktop computer you will be able to either download the Zoom software or click on ‘join via browser’. I’d recommend downloading the software as we could be using it for a while and it just makes it a bit quicker to join future meetings.
Connecting to video from a smartphone or tablet
If you click on the link from your phone you’ll be prompted to download the Zoom app from the relevant app store. Once the app has downloaded, you need to come back and click the link to join the Zoom Meeting again.
Connecting to audio only from any phone
If you need to connect via phone only, then you can still listen in (and participate) 0131 460 1196 and when prompted enter the Meeting ID: 593 074 3962. You will then be prompted for the pass code which is 563027. We will mute all lines at the start of the service. Should you need to come off mute you can press *6 on your phone keypad to mute or unmute.
During this time where we face limited contact, self-isolation, illnesses and potential financial difficulties it is important that we support each other. If you are in need of support in any way or can offer to support others then please let us know.
Please note that when delivering any shopping you should NOT go into the person’s house and should follow the government guidelines around social distancing.
Praying for each other
If you have specific needs that you would like us to pray for then we’d love to support you in this way, either individually (and in confidence if you’d prefer) or with the wider church family.
For those who are regulars and would like to continue to support the church financially during this period, there are a number of ways you can do this:
• Arrange to give via phone or online banking
• Via cheque made payable to ‘Union Hall Evangelical Church’ and sent to the church building
• Collect a ‘Promise Gift’ whereby any cash you might normally put in the offering boxes are set aside until we are able to restart our services in the church building
For more information about giving via the above methods, including how you may be eligible to claim for Gift Aid, please get in touch and our treasuary team will get back to you with further information.